Anne Guignon, RDH, MPH
Sponsored by SDS Orascoptic and Colgate
Say NO to daily aches and pains! Creating healthy workspace habits.
From the treatment room to the business office dental professionals spend hours sitting in compromised, static positions. No one in the dental office is immune to developing work place related stress and injuries. Learn effective strategies you can implement on Monday that reduce dangerous postures and enhance physical health.
- Appreciate the unique postural challenges in the dental office.
- Recognize the role of fatigue in developing a workplace-related injury.
- Discover the benefits of ergonomic seating, magnification and auxiliary illumination.
- Learn about instrument and handpiece design, and advances in mouth mirrors.
- Reduce ergonomic challenges through equipment positioning and room design.
The erosion explosion – Effects of a modern day witch's brew.
Today's sports drinks, energy drinks, flavored waters, bottled teas, powdered drinks and beverage additives are creating a perfect storm. Modern day drinks, made from a sophisticated concoction of ingredients, accelerate tooth erosion, setting the stage for dentinal hypersensitivity. These drinks also impact the development of dental caries, a pH-mediated disease.
- Understand market trends in beverage sales
- Appreciate the role of pH and titratable acidity
- Learn why sugar-free drinks still damage teeth
- Compare "new drink" ingredients to soft drinks that have been around for decades
- Discover how to make safer beverage choices
- Understand home care options for prevention, remineralization and salivary stimulation
Lunch and Learn with Vendors
What's new and exciting in the dental field.
GDHA Newly Elected Officers
Installation of Officers
Anita LaTourette, RDH
GDHA House of Delegates, Chair
Wendy Blond, RDH, BS, MHSA
Hot Topics in Dental Hygiene